Have you ever wondered if you can perform CPR on your dog or what to do if they are seriously injured? We all know that seconds matter when it comes to Canine First Aid.
Our Canine First Aid Class is a 5 week class is designed to give you the critical skills you need to administer Basic First Aid and emergency care until you can have your dog seen by a trained Veterinarian.
This class will be held at PetPeople in their community room to create the necessary classroom environment. The class will be a 5 week course consisting of one hour weekly classes. Dogs will not attend class, only their owners.
- Week One: Class overview and introduction to the K9 first aid kit which is supplied to each student. We will cover each item in the kit and its’ use. We will cover the basic anatomy of a dog using a model supplied by the instructor.
- Week Two: Handling and Assessments. How to handle the dog properly in an emergency and how to assess the dog’s state.
- Week Three: Bloat/GDV, what is it, what causes it. Beating the heat, what to do to help keep your dog cool and what to do in emergency situations.
- Week Four: Bandaging a dog’s wounds using our models. We will cover how to handle minor to severe wounds.
- Week Five: Airway emergencies, CPR and XXT (external extraction technique). We will also cover choking hazards and safety tips.
Cost: $180 – which includes a $30 materials fee to cover the cost of the Canine First Aid that will be used in class and your to keep at the end of class.
Dates: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Time: 6:00pm – 7:00 pm
Location: PetPeople 9660 Falls of Neuse Rd Suite 170, Raleigh, NC 27615 Located in the Falls Pointe Shopping Center
Dynamic Dogs is committed to following the guidelines of PetPeople as well as the CDC. Given this class will be in an indoor classroom environment all participants will be required to wear face masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at all times to ensure everyone’s safety.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING TO CLASS
- Notebook and pen
- Dogs will not attend class only the owners
This event is fully booked.